Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Crossbow Orcs almost done

I'm still plugging away at the Orc crossbow unit. Just wrapping up the leader and the standard so hopefully by the weekend I'll be done.

Several years ago I fancied collecting all the Orcs from the 1988 catalog with the exception of the Orc villagers which I deemed too collectable to collect. Partly inspired by Mr Chumley Warner's endeavor to collect ever Empire mini: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=36445.0
I actually accomplished it quicker then I would have thought with only a couple odd ones taking forever to show up on e-bay. I even managed to acquire at least one rare gem.
As I paint through my Orcs over the following years hopefully I'll manage post corresponding painted examples matching the catalog.

So for now here are the crossbow orcs from the 1988 catalog (or catalogue if you prefer) and their painted counterparts:






Bye for now,






No comments:

Post a Comment